Moda Fabrics and myself donated 36 charm packs of Plume to my guild, the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild. We decided to make it into a challenge and came up with Project Plume (you know, like Project Runway?). The rules were to use one charm pack and a half yard of fabric to create a quilt top. Backing and binding were wide open. I am so excited to see what people come up with. This one is mine. I used every last thread of my half yard. I also quilted it myself which I have never done before. I thought about giving it to my quilter, Angela, but since she was making one too I felt there was a conflict of interest there, not that it stopped anyone else from using her incredible skills, you know who you are. I was initially going to hand quilt it but after poking myself several times, and having to use my own spit for blood removal (gross), I decided that the machine was the way to go. I also pieced my binding to mimic the stripes in the triangles which was a total pain in my you know what. So now it’s done and I think it’s really nifty and I will never do several of those things again. Lessons learned.I also tossed this feed sack on the back which just happened to be exactly the right size. I would like to believe that it was my reward for all of the pain and suffering I endured. Hopefully I will be able to borrow a few of the other projects to photograph so I can show y’all the many creative uses of a charm pack. Maybe I’ll pair it with a give away. Everyone likes free stuff.
24 Responses to “Project Plume”
Leave a Reply
Copyright 2012 - All rights reserved Tula PinkGo to top ↑