Tula on Tour… The England Edition

In honor of my little trip to England next week I made myself some let’s-be-friends international-commemorative-pillows or LBFICP for short. I am really considering making a pillow for every country I visit for my living room. I will call it my magic travel couch project. Seriously, I am going to England! Yay! I will be there for about two weeks. I will have a lot going on while I am there and there will be a lot of opportunities for us to hang out, take a walk, get a drink, fall in love, you know whatever strikes us in the moment. Sooooo….. Here is the list of Whats, Whens and Wheres:

WORKSHOP

Farm Road
Henley on Thames
Oxon
RG9 1EJ
United Kingdom
Tel: 01491 572528

17 Responses to “Tula on Tour… The England Edition”

1. Your pillows are amazing. I love the look of your tour (Belgravia and Henley – very fancy!) Do you have a date for the workshop? That would be my dream!!

2. Love your pillows. Have a wonderful trip!

3. I’m going to be at the LMQG meet and greet, and am SO excited. I will try very hard not to be silent and overawed :-D

4. I love these pillows, where can you get that fabric and is there a pattern that you can purchase for this?

5. Love the pillows – just gorgeous!!
    So wanted to take part in the Beanstalks workshop but have to work :( but hopefully will get there on time Friday to catch the booksigning!!
    Have a wonderful trip :)

6. ooo, my local quilting shop in Henley….hurrah!

7. Love the pillows!! Have a great time on your trip.

8. Adore the pillows! Makes me want to do some even though I’m not lucky enough to be going to England. Have a great time!

9. Please make one for Germany :-) I love your pillows and would love to have MY bood signed, but can’t make it to England. Enjoy your trip!

10. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Those pillows are gorgeous! I hope you make a pattern. I’d be first in line to buy one! How itty bitty are those “star squares” on the American flag version?

11. Love the creativity in the color palat for the pillows and I know your trip to England will be very rewarding for you and those around you. We excitely await your report of the trip :-) .

12. Love the pillows! The international couch is a great idea…

13. So lovely to meet you yesterday. Looking forward to seeing those wolves for Katy ;-)

14. It was so nice to meet you in Birmingham. Loved your book! I hope your days in London will be fabulous!

Hugs!

15. Tula, I’m in the process of making the Union Jack pillow and plan to do the USA as well. Has anyone released a tutorial for that pillow? I’m sure I can fudge and recreate something similar but would love to have one like the one shown here.

Thanks either way!
    Ramona

16. Hi Ramona,

There is not a pattern or tutorial on this. I just made it for fun and got a little carried away. It was a combination of paper foundation piecing and sewing a bunch of scraps together to make large enough pieces to work with. There are a lot of patterns out there for union jack piecing these days. You could adapt one of those patterns and the American flag is just stripes and the stars are 1/2 squares because making fifty stars sounded like it would take a really long time.

Hope that helps!

17. I really like these pillows too and just “pinned” them! My daughter who lives in England has US flag/Union Jack pillows on her red sofa since she’s American & married to a Brit, and I want them too! Thanks for your notes to Ramona…you answered my questions.